- Place of Origin: Florida, United States
- Brand Name: Sartech
- Model Number: ARG5410-MKII
- Test Equipment: NEW
SpecificationsSARTECH ARG5410-MKII Handheld Sarsat Beacon Tester
SARTECH ARG5410-MKII Handheld Sarsat Beacon Tester
The ARG 5410 MkII hand-held receiver provides accurate, independant checks ofthe correct operation of COSPAS/SARSAT distress beacons, such as EPIRB, ELT andPLB.
It can be connected directly through a suitable attenuator, or will recievethe radiated signal using it's own antenna. Radiated tests should be carried outusing the beacons own self-test mode, if provided, or a screened room orenclosure, such as the .
The 5410 MkII comes complete with user friendly software, designed to guidethe operator through the test procedures, with received signals decoded intoplain English.
Messages are time-tagged and stored, and can be viewed on the internal LCDdisplay. Alternatively, by using the serial data output, data can be downloadedto a printer or PC.
ARG5410 MkII meets and exceeds the following IMO requirements for testequipment for annual testing and shore-based maintenance of EPIRBS:
- SOLAS Chapter IV, paragraph 15.9
- MSC Circular 1039
- MSC Circular 1040
- New version of industry standard tester
- Works with all beacons - radiated or 50ohm connection
- Fully decodes all message protocols
- Measures power and frequency at 406MHz
- Measures power and gives audible indication of 121.5MHz homing signal
- Stores and time tags 30 messages
- Integral rechargeable battery
- Integral serial output to PC or printer
- Flash programmable memory allows easy user upgrades (free downloads from this website)
- Optional PC software creates message database and prints test certificates for IMO annual maintenance and shore-based maintenance (MSC Circ. 1039/1040)
- Comes complete with splash-proof padded carry case, universal mains charger, serial cable, user manual, and 2-year calibration certificate